Directions to the Cancer Research UK Manchester Institute
The Cancer Research UK Manchester Institute has returned to the Paterson Building (on Wilmslow Road, M20 4BX) opposite the Manchester Cancer Research Centre (MCRC) Building, so you can follow the directions to the MCRC building shown below or using the Post Code: M20 4BX depending on your mode of transport.
Directions to the Manchester Cancer Research Centre Building
By car from the south
- Take the M6 Northbound and come off at junction 19, signposted Manchester Airport
- Go right at the roundabout, following the signs to the M56/Manchester Airport
- Continue along the dual carriageway proceeding straight on at both sets of traffic lights
- Go right at the roundabout at the end, signposted M56/Manchester Airport. Join the M56 and keep going past Manchester Airport
- The M56 will split with the left-hand lane for Stockport/Didsbury - stay in the right-hand lanes signposted City Centre/A5103. This is the end of the Motorway.
- At the big set of staggered lights turn right for A5145/Didsbury
- At the first set of crossroads turn left
- Keep going straight on, over the next cross roads with the Four in Hand pub on your left and The Northern Lawn Tennis Club on your right. Take the 5th road on your right (near a set of pedestrian lights), Oak Road.
- At the end of Oak Road turn left and a few yards up the road you will see the large, white MCRC Building on your right
By car from the north
Although you can come off the M6 and take the M62 into Manchester, we recommend you come off after Junction 20 on the M6 and join the M56 (signposted Manchester Airport). Follow the above directions from joining the M56 onwards.
Take a train to Manchester Piccadilly, then either:
- Take a taxi (plenty outside the railway station, approximately £10 fare to the Institute). It is easiest to ask the driver to head for the Christie Hospital on Wilmslow Road.
- Go to Piccadilly bus station and catch a number 42 bus towards Stockport/Didsbury/Reddish or a blue Magic Bus (number 142) to East Didsbury. Ask for the Christie Hospital and the driver will let you know which stop to get off at. It can take 20-40 mins by bus depending on the time of day. The bus stop is immediately after the Christie, and the MCRC Building is directly opposite.
Arrive at Manchester Airport and take a taxi. Ask for the CRUK Manchester Institute or the Christie Hospital. Approximate price £15, journey time around 20 minutes.